James and Stephs Paris to Barcelona Bike Ride





This blog is the Journal of James and Stephanie's Bike Ride taking place between the 17th and 30th July 2010, an unsupported ride taking in 800 miles of road between Paris and Barcelona, with the addition of the stage 14 tour de france ascents of port de pailheres and/or Ax 3 Domaine... both category 1 climbs!

We are supporting the Starlight Foundation a very worthy charity that grants wishes for terminally ill children

We Raised £10,000 for the starlight foundation
I have been asked a few times if I still have any of the routes / planning docs etc. by people looking to do a similar route - yes I do and happy to share, get in touch at james.cole@indigo-leaf.com


Saturday 24 July 2010

IMG00101-20100724-1339.jpg

I told him to only have one beer!
Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device

2 comments:

  1. Looking good, but then, still the Pyrenees to come: that's when we'll find out what you're made of! I'd give the lunchtime beers a miss for that bit if I were you! We've just said goodbye to the children, now off with Grandma No 2! We took them to a Bernese mountain dog show earlier, and Molly had a go - quite successful- at pulling a cart.

    We're now going to pack up and head off for the boat. I've invested in a raspberry (or rather, the school has for me) so may be able to keep following your blogs and posting comments (are you getting them by the way?) but I wouldn't bank on it as nobody's given me a lesson on it yet.But in theory it should work. Can you email me (s.moll@pennthorpe.com) your new mobile number please James. Steve gave me a number but it doesn't seem to be recognized. Still using our old mobile for calls though - 07714 097763.

    Hope all goes well tomorrow. Watch out for those Motorhomes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Guys,
    Glad to hear your having a better day and that you sre still finding time for the occasional beer.
    To make you feel slightly better it is completely overcast where we are and will be for the next few days with the chance of rain. That should put a smile on you faces, at least until the next hill.

    Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete